2002 Paul Cummings LP Ash Special
This product is currently sold out.
- Extremely Rare creme white LP Special built by Paul Cummings approximately 2002
- Weights only 6lbs 12oz
- Brazilian Rosewood fretboard
- Paul built (very few, less than 20) high end recording guitars that sound like 50's guitars, with exceptional resonance. It's not that he's some "master builder" yada yada, it's the wood which was used. This guitar has that quality. Raw tone of a 1950's guitar. I've played approx 7 of his guitars, they are all exceptional and sound like real 50's guitars with unbelievable acoustic quality and resonance
- A truly hand-made, 100% hand carved Les Paul Special. This Special was built by Paul at the same time and with the same wood stock, as Rusty Anderson's infamous white Firebird that he used for countless Paul McCartney shows over the course of 8 years, and later sold for $7500 at Guitar Center Hollywood
- This hand-made guitar belongs in the hands of a professional recording guitarist, or someone who can appreciate this sound. This guitar is a workhorse that bleeds tone, this is a very fine sounding instrument. Includes hard shell Gibson Les Paul case. Built at Guitar Doctor Fountain Valley, CA 2002.
- Ash top w/ visible grain
- Very very light minimal nitro finish
- Incredible fat late 50s Les Paul profile V-shape neck, chambered body, brilliant resonance. The type of V everyone loves, super comfortable.
- Top of the line instrument (a little over $4000 new).
- I just A/B'd this guitar against all kinds of vintage Gibson LP Juniors, it's priced accordingly.
- Currently a mojoaxe compensated aged nickel tailpiece is installed.
- The builder is very private and/or missing in action, the only reference I have is the Rusty Anderson Firebird, Rusty mentions his Firebird, Paul and Doc in an online interview you can find online.
Free domestic shipping & insurance
Please email or call with any questions